November? No, Remember! Part 2

2. Li Xin Baptist Church, My Family Away from Home
It's been all a tremendous ride in this journey of life with them. We celebrated our 24th Anniversary. Even though we intended to have just a small celebration, but it went off like a snowball and the whole thing blew up like a great concert. I had the greatest time of worship with the church, having more than 20 songs in a long chain of medley. Imagine that!

More importantly, the English Congregation pulled off our most elaborated performance yet: a sketch + a dance. Thanks to our director Chea Yeong who managed to bring the whole congregation together to do something that we will remember as a congregation. The preparation was not easy. We met after work to practice. Though there were conflicts but it also brought us closer together as we learn to love one another in the process.
Our spirits for prayer had been refreshed once again during our Prayer Retreat, this time in Batu Ferringhi. While we hate that our time is short, we were tremendously blessed by Pastor Koe's teaching on the spirit of prayer and practical ways to help us in prayer. Personally, I was so moved by the Spirit I was in tears. I missed so much the intimacy that I share with God in prayer, yet so many time I have easily given up the privilege to come to Him in prayer.
The Sunday School had an outing to Audi Dream Farm in Balik Pulau. I had the audacity to tag along. I mean, why not? I'm a child, at heart! It was just amazing to experience animals in close encounter.
The Church is never perfect, not because God is flawed, but because the men and women He calls are broken and fallen. Yet, it is this same imperfection that magnifies God's perfect love. And as God loves us, His love is manifested in our display of love and forgiveness for one another.
3. Vocation with a Passion
Every morning as I wake up, it can be quite a challenge to bring myself. I mean, I am excited to go to work, no doubt about it, but my habit of staying up late at night takes a toll on my body and makes it hard for me to wake up at 5:30 in the morning.

That being said, I am excited as usual to be at work. I think I have come to realization that where I am now, is exactly where God wants me to be. Every waking moment has its purpose. Of course, work is never all fun and joyful. As most people do, to put it mildly, I have unlikable bosses and repulsive co-workers. I complain quite a bit too. But every moment God is calling me to love the unlovable, to forgive others, and to seek forgiveness for my own weaknesses too.

So, here I am to stay, as I am called to be faithful to the position Christ has for me. His Word for me:
One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much. 
Luke 16:10a
To Part 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

Get Out of God's Way